Sunday, June 20, 2010

Do you believe that you can make a decent UHF antenna out of aluminium foil and duct tape?


Now you do. Courtesy of Macgyver (my dad) and Macgyver Jr (me).

Alu foil, duct tape, a length of coaxial and an old piece of perspex with brass bolts on it. Oh, and a crumpled piece of PC Show 2010 brochure that I had used as a spacer to prevent the 2 prongs from touching


Malaysia's NTV 9 is very clear.


Malaysia's TV3

IT's receiving digital channels perfectly.

There's some ghosting on okto and Channel u. Strange how Malaysian channels are so much clearer than Singaporean ones here.

Sadly, I can't receive Batam's RCTI at all, and SCTV is so blurry that it's pretty much unviewable. No football for me then.

For more information, google for folded dipoles. There should be online calculators to let you determine the appropriate dimensions. I used okto's frequency of 543.25Mhz for the calculations.

No comments:

Post a Comment